Have a routine, always brush your teeth 2 times a day for 2minutes. Use fluoridated toothpaste and mouthwash. Have a prepared kit with floss, toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash handy for use when travelling over the holidays.
• Do not crack nuts or seeds with your teeth.
• Pass on chewy and sticky treats. Try to avoid chewing on ice cubes.
• Use scissors to open packages and bottle openers to open bottles.
• Try to avoid grazing all day. Add natural vegetables and fruits into your diet to satisfy your cravings.
• Drink water, stay hydrated. Choose water instead of a sugary juice or pop. This is good for your mouth and your overall health
• Rinse thoroughly after meals with water or mouthwash
• Rinse after consuming wine or alcohol with water
• Try to reduce your intake of tea and coffee.
• Avoid biting your nails.
• Chew sugarless gums when you do not have time to brush until you get a chance to
Don’t forget to visit your dentist during the holidays. Make your mouth and your dental health a priority over the holidays.